312 preamp module is inspired by the famous API 312 microphone preamplifier. It has a very short signal path and boasts a unique "charachter" and texture. It is the preamp of choice for many audio engineers, especially in aggressive music styles.
There are a lot of 312-type preamps on the market, what makes our version different? Here is the list of our 312 mic preamp module features:
- Shortest signal path possible. Signal switching is made via relays.
- Precision stepped input gain control.
- FET DI with automatic activation (insert a jack to switch it on).
- Output attennuator for those who wants to drive the input stage harder.
- Independent voltage regulation for each module.
- Additional options: 3124+ mod and servo circuit.
- Switchable third output transformer winding. This increases output level which is useful for very quiet sound sources.
- One of the easiest builds that even a beginner can handle.
- Compact design - up to four modules can be installed onto 1U enclosure (with external PSU).
- Our own take on the DOA for this preamp (requires SMD soldering).
This is a very affordable and easy to build module that will surely impress you with it's sonic signature.