This is our new mic preamp module. It took quite long to bring it to the final release stage. Mostly because we were looking for a suitable FET DI scircuit and tested different variants. The module went through three revisions before we were ready to offer it to public.
This is a very simple mic preamp design that has short signal path. It's basically two transformers and an op-amp. Nonetheless, our modul comes packed with features:
- Relay control to keep signal path short and clean.
- Stepped input gain control (3dB per step).
- Output trim control to allow for wide range of sound textures.
- Lo impedance mic input option (LoZ)
- -20dB mic input pad
- Additional output gain for recording quiet sources (3:1 button)
- Active FET DI circuit (activates automatically when a jack is inserted)
- Comes with our own take on 2520-type discrete op-amp
PCBs and front panels will be available in the beginning of March. Stay tuned!